COVID-19 Potential Relief for Tax Payments
Mooney, Wright, Moore & Wilhoit, PLLC represents and counsels clients throughout the West on a broad range of legal matters. We have also represented a number of clients nationally on unitary ad valorem tax disputes, handling such cases in 31 different states. We are committed to establishing personal relationships with each of our clients. We strive to be both accessible and responsive whenever our advice or services are needed. We are focused on providing innovative, high-quality legal services, while keeping in perspective the cost of those services to our clients.
Our law firm practices in a wide range of areas and our lawyers all have significant litigation experience, including jury trials. While we consider ourselves to be a general practice law firm, our attorneys all have expertise in litigation related to the valuation of businesses, assets and property, and most of our cases involve claims against state or local government entities (e.g., cities, towns, counties and tribal taxing agencies). We also have extensive experience handling appeals before both Divisions of the Arizona Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Arizona. Our firm’s lawyers have also handled appeals before the United States Supreme Court, the Eighth, Ninth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals, and in the Supreme Courts of California, Oklahoma, Oregon, Utah and Wisconsin.
Based on this background and over 100 years of combined litigation experience, our lawyers practice primarily in the following substantive areas of the law:
- Arizona state and local tax controversies, including property and sales/use tax issues
- Nationwide property tax valuation litigation involving complex and multi-state properties
- Eminent domain (i.e., “condemnation”) litigation and advice
- Legal challenges related to the abuse or misuse of governmental powers
- Valuation of business interests in disputes involving corporations or other entities
- Appellate representation, including briefing and oral argument
- Complex civil litigation, including class actions
- Real estate litigation, particularly as it relates to valuation disputes
- Valuation litigation related to property in bankruptcy or income tax proceedings
- Estate and probate matters involving disputes about the value of a business or property
- Specialized advice and consultation on valuation issues that may arise in family law
- Litigation regarding other types of governmental fees or assessments
- Mediation, arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution
We look forward to working with you to help solve any legal problem you may have.
OUR LAWYERS HAVE OVER
100 YEARS OF COMBINED LITIGATION EXPERIENCE
At Mooney, Wright, Moore & Wilhoit, PLLC, our team of professionals provides legal assistance for complex commercial litigation matters, including contested tax disputes in judicial and administrative forums. Though our main focus is in state and local tax disputes, our team of Arizona lawyers offers experience in all areas of commercial litigation. Our lawyers can help with tax planning or legal advice with respect to tax consequences of various commercial transactions. Our team also provides assistance in analyzing proposed legislation on behalf of our clients, offering testimony as tax professionals before many legislative committees, and guiding clients through the sales audit process.
Mooney, Wright, Moore & Wilhoit, PLLC is the Arizona member of the American Property Tax Counsel (APTC). The APTC is an invitation-only organization of law firms providing major portfolio owners with a single source of expertise and experience for all their property tax reporting and tax reduction needs. APTC covers the United States and Canada, serving clients in every category of real estate from apartments, office buildings, and shopping centers, to airlines, pipelines, mines, and everything in between.